CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
- Proposal submission deadline: Extended to January 31st, 2023
December 15th, 2022
- Proposal notification of acceptance: Extended to February 5th, 2023
December 31st, 2022
- Submission for workshop papers: March 1st, 2023
- Notification of workshop paper acceptance: March 21st, 2023
- Camera ready workshop papers due: April 10th, 2023
Workshops are an integral part of ICHI 2023 and will be held on June 26th, 2023, the first day of the main program. Workshops at ICHI 2023 may be planned for a full or half day, and should address topics relevant to healthcare informatics.
The ideal ICHI 2023 workshop proposal will focus on a timely and emerging topic and attract many interesting and high-quality contributions that spark discussions in an informal setting. The organizers can determine the workshop format, which may include paper presentations, poster sessions, invited talks, panels, or any other activity that will foster interaction and discussion. The approved workshop organizers will be responsible for inviting and reviewing submissions, planning the workshop program, and organizing the workshop.
Each workshop proposal should include the following information:
- Organizers: Names, affiliations, and email addresses; contact person; organizers’ background, prior experience of organizing similar workshops.
- Topic: Abstract, theme, rationale for the workshop, issues to be addressed, goals of the workshop, relevance to ICHI, previous workshops that this workshop is building on (if applicable).
- Audience: Target audience, communities that the workshop addresses, anticipated number of attendees.
- Publicity: Measures foreseen to announce the workshop and attract a sufficient number of participants; envisaged follow-up activities after the workshop (if applicable).
- Workshop Structure: Workshop length (half-day/3 hours or one-day/6 hours), tentative workshop program, activities foreseen to foster interaction and communication.
- Reviewing: Planned reviewing process, program committee (if applicable).
- Call for Papers: Tentative call for papers with workshop deadlines.
If the workshop has been held before, please clearly describe any changes you propose, if any, and also include its history (i.e., the number of submissions, the number of accepted papers, and the number of attendees).
No specific format is required, but the overall length of the proposal should not exceed 4 pages.
The submission site is EasyChair, choosing the Workshop track.
Reviewing will be done by the Workshop Chairs and independent reviewers as needed. Workshops will be accepted based on timeliness of the topic, relevance to ICHI, potential to attract a sufficient number of participants, and potential of the workshop to spark discussions and achieve impact in the research community.
All accepted submissions will be published in IEEE Xplore and indexed in other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases. It is also envisaged that successful workshops may form the basis for special issues of the Journal of Health Informatics Research.
Xiaoqian Jiang, PhD
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
We cordially invite you to submit your contribution to the 11th IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI 2023) that will take place June 26th-29th, 2023 in Houston, TX, USA.
ICHI 2023 is a premier community forum concerned with the application of computer science, information science, data science, and informatics principles, as well as information technology, and communication science and technology to address problems and support research in healthcare, medicine, life science, public health, and everyday wellness. The conference highlights the most novel technical contributions to stakeholder-centered technology innovation for benefiting human health and the related social and ethical implications. ICHI 2023 will feature keynotes, a multi-track technical program including papers, posters, panels, workshops, tutorials, an industrial track, and a doctoral consortium.